105 days today.
I never thought I would get to type those words. Really, never. Towards my very desperate end of my struggle I was convinced I would die a drunk.
I felt completely hopeless, desperate and willing to try anything to change.
Now that I can look back I see that my hopelessness was my saving grace.My complete willingness to do anything suggested was how I got here today. I won’t go on and on about how or why. I just wanted to make a short list of things I’ve been capable of doing or accomplished in the last 100 days.
- I managed to take a month off work to work on myself. It REALY is possible.
- I can go to the grocery store at 8pm at night to get milk when I’m running low.
- I’ve been bowling and can remember it.
- I learned “No.” is a sentence.
- I started dealing with my past, Therapeutically and learned how to let go. Really let go…
- I’ve learned to not need to be perfect, hence I now have an extremely messy house and I don’t care.
- I’ve met Women I like..”gasp” I know..
Tell me some of the thing you’ve gained in early sobriety.